The Aeropress is one of the most versatile coffee makers you can get. Playing around with different grind settings, contact time, coffee dose and water quantities will result in very different brews. Play around with the variables to find your taste.
What you need:
- Fresh Coffee
- Fresh Water
- Goose neck kettle
- A good starting point is a ratio of 1:15 . We like to use 16 grams of freshly ground coffee at a medium to fine setting. (adjust to taste)
- Heat your kettle to 80-90 degrees Celsius.
- Pour hot water on your filter and into your aeropress and carafe to preheat and wet the filter.
- (optional) Pour 40ml of water onto your coffee in your aeropress and leave to bloom for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour another 200ml of water over your coffee for 20 seconds.
- Stir 3 times.
- Plunge for 30 seconds.
- Stop just before you reach the last bit of water.
- Clean your Aeropress immediately as it is easier to clean at this point