The Hario V60 is a fantastic brewer for people who want to control all of the brewing parameters and make an extremely high quality brew from their own home. The key here is time with best results brewing close to 3 minutes.
What You’ll Need
- Hario V60 brewer
- Hario V60 Filter
- Fresh Coffee
- Goose neck kettle
- Place the filter into the v60
- Preheat the carafe and filter with hot water
- Weigh out your coffee. Start with a 1:15 ratio or for a one cup brewer 16 grams
- Grind your coffee to a medium to coarse setting
- Heat your water to around 90 degrees Celsius
- Pour 30 grams of hot water over your coffee completely saturating the grounds and leave it bloom for 30 seconds
- Pour another 220ml of water slowly over your grounds in a circular motion being careful not pour down the edges of the coffee.
- You should aim for your coffee to finish brewing in 3 minutes