The Moka Pot produces a very simple traditional style Italian espresso from the comfort of your own home. This time tested method will be perfect for brewing fresh coffee for you and your friends, with the added bonus of filling your home with the aroma we all love.
What You’ll Need
- Moka Pot
- Fresh Coffee
- Grinder (Optional)
- Scale (or Measuring spoon)
- Boil your water in a kettle.
- Your coffee needs to be a medium grind setting. Grind your coffee fresh or open a fresh bag of ground coffee.
- Weigh out 15-16 grams (3 level Tablespoons) of coffee and fill the filter basket, Do not put pressure on the coffee.
- Add the Hot water to the bottom of the brewer until it reaches the line.
- Insert the filter basket into the bottom and screw on the top. Be careful as the bottom will be hot.
- Put your moka pot on the hob on a medium heat.
- When your coffee begins the come out it will start as a dark brown colour, as soon as it starts to turn yellow remove from the heat and place the base in a basin of cold water to stop the extraction process. This will reduce the amount of bitterness in the cup.
- Pour your coffee into a pre-heated cup.
- You can enjoy in many ways including adding hot water or hot milk to create different beverages.