Introduction to Coffee
½ Day course approx. 4 – 5 hours
This course is designed to give you the essential barista skills you need to get you started on your new exciting career into the coffee world.
- An introduction to the espresso machine and coffee grinder.
- Basic understanding on the skills to set your grinder and dose correctly.
- How to make the perfect espresso
- Learn how to get perfect milk texture for Cappuccino, Latte and Flat White
- Chocolate Drinks
- Basic daily care and cleaning of equipment.
Total Cost €145
Includes framed certificate
History of Coffee and Barista Skills
Full Day Course approx. 8 -9 hours
This Course is aimed at baristas who are looking to improve their skills and gain more knowledge. It is designed to leave you with a deeper understanding of what makes a great espresso-based coffee and the skills to deliver it.
- A history of coffee beans. Learning the process from farm to cup.
- Introduction to cupping. (basic sensory skills)
- Speciality Coffee
- Principles of grinding, machine maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Effects on the grind on extraction
- EBF (espresso brew formula) and setting a recipe
- Introduction to latte art. Achieving consistent steaming technique and temperature.
- Menu building and efficient workflow.
- Practical Exam
Total Cost €220
Includes framed certificate upon passing practical exam
City & Guilds Certified - Barista Skills Level 2
Full 3 Day Course
The idea of this course is to ensure delegates use their espresso machine and equipment to deliver excellent coffee. They will also gain an introduction to the coffee industry.
- To gain an introduction of coffee from bean to cup
- The perfect espresso and understanding the setting up of the grinder ‘dialling in’.
- Understand the importance of steaming and frothing milk effectively
- Gain an introduction of tea and chocolate
- Prepare five gourmet drinks
Making the perfect espresso.
Understanding the grind and producing an espresso with using correct techniques.
- Filter Coffee
How to correctly brew filter coffee.
- History of Coffee
To gain information on the origins of coffee an how they grow.
To understand the coffee plant the different types of coffee the processing and roasting.
- Milk Textures
Understanding the different coffees and how to achieve correct milk for each
Knowing the four categories of tea and its history
Understanding the process of tea from plant to how we use it
History of chocolate and how its grown.
Process of chocolate from plant to how its used today
The main differences between smoothies and juices
How to create a smoothie following a recipe
- Theory exam
20 Question exam
- Practical Exam/Skills Demo
Prepare and Serve your gourmet drinks